Take part in the Peoples’ Summit! in Brussels, 17-18 July 2023
On 17 and 18 July 2023, a Summit of Heads of State and Government of the Community of Latin American and Caribbean States (CELAC) and the European Union (EU) will be held in Brussels. At the same time, various political and social actors are organizing a Peoples’ Summit, with activites on 17 and 18 July, a mass event open to the most diverse range of views and ideas, aimed at:
- promoting an alternative model of development, cooperation and integration that is more just, more solidarity-based and more sustainable;
- fostering fair relations between the peoples and governments of Latin America and the Caribbean with the peoples and governments of the European Union, based on the principles of respect for international law, non-interference, sovereignty and self-determination;
- discussing current issues;
- sharing experiences of struggle and resistance;
- strengthening the ties between grassroots movements, trade unions, solidarity groups, migrant communities, associations and political forces and figures of both continents.
To find out more, discover the programme and register, click here: Cumbre de los Pueblos 2023